Local bathroom installation service. Are you looking for bathroom installers?
MK Refurbishment London Ltd – specialise in all types of bathroom installation. Our company offers installers who will provide you with peace of mind bathroom fitting service. From the small bathroom refurbishment to the complete bespoke project installations.
Our bathroom installers and refurbishment team work in the following Central and South London areas:
- Dulwich Village SE21, Crystal Palace SE19, East Dulwich SE21,
- West Norwood SE27, Sydenham SE26,Camberwell SE5
- Brixton SW2, Tusle Hill SW2, Herne Hill SE24, Wandsworth SW11
- Clapham SW4, Stockwell SW3, Streatham SW16, Balham SW12,
- Central London, Kensington W8 ,Belgrave SW1 & Chelsea SW3, Fulham SW10,
If you are planning your project in a different London area, please feel free to send us your enquiry, as we still maybe will be able to help you with your the installation or completely bathroom refurbishment or renovation .
To increase the space some of the projects will require internal structural wall opening. Playing with the wall to create unique bathroom space for ideal bathroom suite, shower room, or wet room instillation is worth it.
Bathroom are not too big in space, therefore and it is very important to make bathroom design to correctly fit all of the suite into the space.
We always work with the clients and make suggestions what and how can be done. We work with the client to deliver them final product- which is a dreamed bathroom.
For our customers we offer two services. First one is a normal bathroom refurbishment. Everything will be done correctly and finish with a guarantee in high standard.
Second option is bespoke bathroom refurbishment. Our fitters can create almost everything what is possible. Create an extra space by doing structural opening. Use CNC technology for cutting and routing the tiles and another materials to deliver what clients desire. On the walls and ceiling we can apply traditional decorative plaster -Tadelakt or Venice staccato.
Laying all of the types tiles: stones, mosaic porcelain or ceramic tiles – this is what we do almost every day.
And we can guarantee top quality finish, because we look after all of the details to deliver the best possible finish.
Below you can see bathroom refurbishment typical case study:
- meet the client , discus all of the aspect of the project and start work- are the first step.
- Protection work area to eliminate any problems and damages.
- After this step we can start bathroom demolition. Demolition work need to be done, gently.
- All plumbing services have to be cut off. Bathroom tiles have to be hack of from the walls.
- Bathroom suit need to be removed from the side.
- After this step of work, we clean up all of the rubbish using our lorry. Very convenient us you do not need to bother to arrange any permission for skip.
- If required we relocate the internal stud wall, demolition internal stud walls to create bigger bathroom space.
- Build new stud walls, fitting plasterboard of the external side only are next steps.
- Plumbing- first fix is next thing on the list.
- Mark on the wall future bathroom suite location.
- We locate mains water supply in bathroom, cut pipes and fit emergency water stop valves.
- From this point we lay new pipe work. We always use copper pipes for the bathroom pipe work. The reason why is this give us and the client peace on mind in the future, no hassle no leaks.
- We use push fit only in the places with difficult access to weld pipes.
- Checking the quality of all pipe connections, and make sure all is dry.
- After the plumbing we start with electric first fix.
- The work have the same steps like with plumbing.
- We have to cut off existing cables.
- All the new cables are laid from the bathroom mine lights cable for lights, extractor bathroom fun, shower sockets, heated mirrors pads, led under units lights …
- It is very important to upgrade the fuse box with RCD breaker and lay new earth cable for main water supply.
- Next step is to plaster boarding and plastering.
- On the water area we use Hardie board. It is crucial to use correct product in the right place.
- On the remaining walls and ceiling we fit normal pasteboards.
- After we make good the walls to make them straight and skim over them.
- Tanking -we always do around the bath and in the shower area. We use Ardex tanking system, two coat will guarantee the results.
- On the floor we always use Ditra mat and self level to correctly prepare floor for tiling and keep a perfect floor level.
- After the plaster is dried we paint all of the area in white. Then we check the levels and start tiling.
- During that time we are discussing with the client next steps. We explain our idea with tiles trims, and the best layout for the tiles.
- When customers agrees we start the tiling work.
- When all the tiling is done we start grouting the tiles.
- After that bathroom is ready for plumbing and electric second fix.
- Next steps is just second fix of the plumbing for bathroom suite, electric and bathroom accessories completed by our bathroom fitters.
- Bathroom is ready for final decorating work
- In next stage we do silicones and the last touch-ups and cleaning
We always suggest for our clients to use good quality bathroom furniture. As good quality product will end up with a high quality bathroom finish.
Please remember that it take time to do bathroom refurbishment properly. Before tiling all plastering areas have to dry. In the water area the right product need to be used. Electric circuit have to be protected with RCD and main water water supply have to be earthed.