Structural work- Local Steel Beam & RSJ Installation
Some of the work associated with structural services you can see below:
Groundwork, foundation, footings, reinforced concrete slabs
Opening the internal wall between the room(s), followed with knocking down an external load bearing wall.
Walls remodelling, removing a load bearing wall, and knocking down the wall, removing internal wall
External masonry load bearing wall removal, creating new opening for door or windows
All types of structural steel work. From fitting steel beam (Lintels), structural fitting RSJ for internal and external walls, to domestic and commercial RSJ beam installation
Basement improvements, construction and general underpinning the houses
We offer our structural service for the local individuals who self supervising their projects.
The steps for the process of the structural installation projects:
- Looking for a local builder (for instance our company MK) to check the cost to remove load bearing wall
- Site visit by company representative person to create a note about the structural opening required in your house for the Structural Engineer.
- Arrange the appointment for a structural engineer who will make all of the calculation for structural opening drawings.
- Report the work and appointed date for work to be started to the local Building Inspector from the building control.
- Try to get the Planning Permission and Sign Party Wall Agreement(If required). Always check the listed building consent…
- Make sure to protect work areas, and do all the preparation work. Support the weights of the wall on the props, supported upstairs floor joists and side partition walls.
- Next, create an opening area with the construction props and strong boys.
- Upgrade all the existing plumbing and electrical light switches or sockets.
- Make sure all of the wall demolition work is performed under safe conditions. This is to ensure that the process goes smoothly.
- Nest step is to skip hire and demolition so work can be started.
- Builders create the internal wall opening between appointed spaces in the house. It’s significant after work to secure the outer wall opening which is what our builders always do.
- Fitting RSJ on the location and support. Make sure that everything is safe and in level.
- Fit wet or dry Padstone, make good work including brickwork and dry-pack.
- Remove all the props and strong boys, boxing in with the fire resistance plasterboard’s- pink plasterboard.
- Call for the building inspector to arrange a visit for the last check- up to make sure that everything is done with building regulation and sing the job.
We make sure to offer for our clients RSJ/ steel beams supply at a trade prices
- Crystal Palace SE19, West Norwood SE27, Sydenham SE26,
- Dulwich Village SE21, East Dulwich SE21, Tulse Hill SW2,
- Camberwell SE5, Herne Hill SE24, Brixton SW2,
- West Dulwich SE21, Clapham SW4, Stockwell SW3,
- Streatham SW16, Tulse Hill SW2, Camberwell SE5, Herne Hill SE24
- Central London, Kensington W8 & Chelsea SW3
If you are planning any internal or external wall openning project in your house in a different Greater London area, please feel free to send us your enquiry, as we ( MK Refurbishment) still maybe will be able to help you with your conversion and structural opening to improve your house by creating open space …