Self Build-Show to Help with DIY
On the 6th & 7th February 2016 I visited the event “Build it” for self-builders, professional builders and people who just want to check what is new on the market, which took place in Bluewater.
This event is happening only three times a year in different parts of Great Britain, therefore when I saw that it is so close to my location I booked my tickets immediately as I would not like to miss it.
If you are in a process of choosing windows or doors to your property, this show will be for you very useful as there is a large selection of those products and anybody will be able to find some good product which will work for them.
If you are interested to find out what you will be able to see there next year, check the event schedule from this year:
1) Meet 120 specialist suppliers and talk to the people behind the products and services. See the full list of exhibiting companies.
2) Attend free expert-led seminars on a range of essential topics from finding the right build method to adding more space and sustainable building.
3) Discover how to tackle a variety of challenges that are common to many self-build and renovation projects.
4) Try taster sessions of Potton’s Self Build Academy courses.
5) Find a trusted builder for your project – the Federation of Master Builders will be on hand to help you build the best you can!
6) Learn from real self-builders in live presentations about Build It readers’ homes – these readers will tell you about how they realized their dream home.
7) Find your build plot at the Plotsearch Zone and get valuable plot hunting advice.
8) Ask Experts anything about your project and receive bespoke advice – bring your plans to help illustrate your questions.
9) Visit the Naked House to see a property at the 1st-fix build stage & learn how all the products fit together.
10) Pop along to the Tool Zone to try out a range of tools first-hand. When you buy from here you’ll be sure that you are buying the right tools at great show prices.
Personally, I liked the show, you can buy there tools at a discounted prices, or just look around to see if you can introduce something which will be innovative for your projects.
I saw that solar energy (cell panels) are also becoming more popular.
This event brings together professional people who can help you and provide free of charge advice for you.